1. That workout last might was killer
2. Stupid weather… It is winter time, it should be snowing
3. I’m going to sound like a broken record but… I am just not ready for today. I’m moving so slowly.
4. Song of the day: Stereo Love by Edward Maya.
5. Damn that coffee smells so good.
- Shower Thoughts #80: Stupid Snow (myordinaryjourney.wordpress.com)
- Shower Thoughts #78: Crap, I have to start thinking in the morning? (myordinaryjourney.wordpress.com)
- Shower Thoughts #79: Mind not working this morning. (myordinaryjourney.wordpress.com)
Issued by The National Weather Service
11:58 am EST, Mon., Feb. 8, 2010
… WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH… WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE… SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS… POTENTIAL FOR 5 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING… MID-AFTERNOON TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. GREATEST SNOWFALL RATES WILL BE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES… TEMPERATURES AT OR JUST ABOVE FREEZING AT THE ONSET TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP INTO THE UPPER 20S AND LOWER 30S TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
* WINDS… LIGHT SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS TUESDAY BECOMING NORTH- NORTHWESTERLY 15 TO 25 MPH WEDNESDAY.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
That’s right folks, more winter weather is on the way. I thought that we were going to be able to dodge the snow bullet this week, but alas, the weather service has changed their minds. Apparently no one is safe from this one either. At first, the winter storm warning was for the counties north of us, but it looks like today at noon, the weather models reached a tipping point. I didn’t know storms could explode, but I guess we’ll see.
So, have you had enough yet? If not, why? I think this week we’re going to have a Top 3 Tuesday…
Well, it looks like we are thankfully going to miss getting the snow next weekend. I love the snow and all, but this is getting to be a bit much. I’m ready for the kids to go back to school already.
After this season, I think anything under 6 inches of snow is going to be seen as a dusting. Just as the Blizzard snowpocalypse 2010 winds down, look what we have in store for Valentine’s day.
Jason says I’m crazy and that 3 inches is still going to strand us in the house for three days. Well, he is right about that. I was looking at the traffic cameras to see what I-95 is looking like. In the dark I can’t really tell much. It seems like the road is clear, cars are at least moving on 95, but I can’t tell how fast they are going and if they are traveling on pavement or just packed now.