Category Archives: Top 3 Tuesday
Wow, I haven’t done a Top 3 in sometime… you guys are slackers for not keeping me in check on this. This week’s Top 3 was inspired by the fact that I should have stayed home today. Although there was hardly any traffic this morning (I think most people were scared to come out of their homes because of the ice) the day hasn’t been going as it should. For one I’m really, really sleepy. I was in bed early, but I guess I should have slept for longer. Anyway, for the Top 3 this week, what are your top 3 excuses for missing/leaving early from work?
- I’m have stomach issues
- My kids have a 2-hour delay/day off from school
- I’m having a bad reaction to my medication
Well the holidays are over. The feasts have been devoured, the tinsel is falling of the tree (if the tree is even still up), and it’s time to pack up the outside lights and wreaths. It is also the time for resolutions and new starts to begin the new year. It’s the beginning of the year unknown.
To celebrate these new beginnings I wanted to see what resolutions folk are making this year (if any), or what they would be making if they did resolutions. Personally I don’t do resolutions per se, but there are a few things I want to work on/stick too. So here are mine:
- Keep going to the gym. My weight loss/fitness goals aren’t tied to a New Year’s resolution, so I think I have a better chance of accomplishing my goals.
- Blog more. I was doing a really good job earlier this year with my Top 3’s and my Shower Thoughts, so I need to get back on the horse and make it happen.
- Stay on budget. I do my budget up two years in advance so I can plan out for big purchases, travel and savings. The problem is that sometimes I let us get off track. But this year I can’t do that because we are saving up for a dream vacation next Christmas to the Animal Kingdom down at Disney World… needless to say I can’t wait.
- 5 Secrets to Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions (self.com)
- Three Tips to Help You Stick to Your 2011 New Year’s Resolutions (walletpop.com)
The turkey has been choked and the gifts unwrapped. So what are the to the gifts you got this year?
1. A Galaxy Tab
2. A new watch
3. A George Forman grill
So you’ve interviewed and gotten that final offer. You signed it and given your current company your notice that you are going to be leaving. Scary time for sure, but then it comes time for the “going away” lunch. In this edition of Top 3, what are the top 3 things you shouldn’t say at your going away? I’m not going to share this week, I want to see what kinds of interesting and creative responses you have for me.
If you living the US, most of us turned our clocks back this past weekend. So this is the time of year we “fall back” and get an extra hour of sleep (that is if you went to bed before the time change). I know I look forward to getting an extra hour of sleep. But that’s not the only great thing about the fall. What are the top 3 things you like about fall?
- Cooking smells (Thanksgiving in particular, but all the pumpkin and apples)
- Getting ready for Christmas (The kids give us their lists and we start shopping)
- The cooler weather. Getting a break from the summer heat is awesome.
Normally I would post the top 3 earlier in the day, but I’ve got so much going on that I completely forgot that it was Tuesday. So to honor my procrastination, I’m asking you out there to share what top 3 things are “Better late than never…”
- The Top 3 for Tuesday
- Getting to work
What is “chair dancing” you ask? It’s when you hear a song with such an irresistible pull you can’t help but dance in your seat. Want to see what it looks like? The Top 3 will be after the break.
Take a look:
So this week’s top 3 wants to know what songs really make you want to do the chair dance? It can be in the car, or at home, it doesn’t matter where you do it.
- The Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow
- David Guetta featuring Fergie, Gettin’ Over You
- Far East Movement, Like a G6
I was sitting here trying to think of things I could get Jason for Christmas that would surprise him. We talked about how hard it was for me to get things he wanted and how easy it was from him to get things for me. He argued that in fact it wasn’t. Then I listed some things that I would like, and realized that some of the entries would be good for my bucket list. So that gave me the idea for this weeks Top 3….
What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? Here are mine:
- Drive a race car
- Travel to all 50 states
- Go on a cruise
(Yes I know that these are not very ambitious, but they all seem like they would be fun.)
It’s the fall. The season for football and falling leaves. It’s also when the networks premier new shows. In this edition of the Top 3, I want to know what three new series you think have the most potential.
- HBO Renews Boardwalk Empire (seattlepi.com)
What are you’re top 3 places to go for lunch? Is there someplace special that is a treat that you look forward to sneaking off to once a week? Or is it that perfect burger and fries… How about a local diner or dive? Here are mine (although I don’t get them that often anymore)
- Burger Battle Brewing? (huffingtonpost.com)